Register to attend one of our free webinars
SSB introduces a series of industry specific webinars specific to addressing Accessibility at your organization. These sessions will provide valuable insight into targeted Accessibility standards, testing methodologies and contain information how to manage accessibility within your organization more effectively.
Book mark this page as Webinars will be added often!
You can also view our previously recorded webinars.
CSUN 2014 Webinar Series
SSB is excited to be presenting over a dozen sessions this year at the 29th Annual International Technology and Persons with Disabilities Conference (CSUN). If you’ll be attending CSUN we hope you’ll check out some of our sessions in person, but if you’re not attending you’ll still have an opportunity to catch many of the same topics and presenters via this new webinar series.
The Pros and Cons of Automated Accessibility Testing Tools
Tuesday, March 11th 2:00PM - 2:45PM EDT/11:00AM - 11:45AM PDT Space is Limited - Register Now! for the March The Pros and Cons of Automated Accessibility Testing Tools webinar
Automated testing tools are a quick, easy and low-cost method of assessing websites for accessibility, but it is important to use these tools with caution. In this presentation Assistive Technology Tester Chetan Bakhru and Application Solutions Engineer Matt Baillargeon will discuss benefits of automated testing tools, as well as their limitations, including:
- Identifying only a subset of all possible accessibility violations
- Reporting false positives
- Results specific to a particular OS, platform or document type
- Will not satisfy standards which require functional testing
How to Effectively Evaluate Web and Software for Accessibility
Thursday, March 13th 2:00PM - 2:45PM EDT/11:00AM - 11:45AM PDT Space is Limited - Register Now! for the March How to Effectively Evaluate Web and Software for Accessibility webinar
Chief Accessibility Officer Jonathan Avila will discuss the importance of following a single, documented and validated accessibility testing methodology to ensure accurate testing results, and provide a recommended flowchart for the process of accessibility testing. Topics will include:
- Identifying the scope of the evaluation and the applicable accessibility standards
- selecting modules to be tested to ensure a representative sample
- Automated, manual and functional testing
- Methods for analyzing and reporting results
Creating Accessible Content in Microsoft Office 2013
Thursday, March 27th 2:00PM - 2:30PM EDT/11:00AM - 11:30AM PDT Space is Limited - Register Now! for the March Creating Accessible Content in Microsoft Office 2013 webinar
Senior Accessibility Analyst Thomas Logan will guide content authors in creating accessible documents, spreadsheets and presentations using Microsoft Office 2013. Topics will include:
- Accessibility requirements relevant to document creation
- User types and assistive technology
- Use of Microsoft accessibility tools
- Solutions for addressing common and complex accessibility errors
- Best practices to maintain ongoing accessibility